WHAT IS CRIMSAFE?
AND WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
What is Crimsafe and why do you need it?
With so many window security and door security products out there in the market, find out more below about our Crimsafe Security Screens made here in Brisbane by Franklyn.
What is Crimsafe? And WHY do you need it?
I’m sure you’ve heard about Crimsafe before, but what exactly is it? And what makes their products work so well?
Crimsafe is an Australian company that has produced a range of industry leading security products for more than 20 years, propelling them to one of Australia’s largest security screen suppliers. Franklyn have become Brisbane’s leading manufacturer of Crimsafe products, and are proud to be associated with such a reputable and important Australian business.
Over the course of their journey to the top of the industry, Crimsafe have provided thousands of Australian homes with high quality security screens, based on two core pieces of technology – Tensile-Tuff® mesh and a patented screw clamp system. However it’s the combination of these two, and what they represent, that makes the difference.
The screw clamp technology is what makes the Crimsafe system strong enough to withstand enormous impacts compared to other systems. The difference lies in the design, where the mesh is screwed directly into the frame of the door or window and clamped down in what amounts to a vice-like grip, using the unique Crimsafe screw-clamp. This combination gives the entire structure more strength by holding the frame together and the mechanical fastening of the clamp to the mesh resists the tendency of the mesh to be pulled out of the frame. This is also why Crimsafe exceeds the Australian standards for impact and shear testing for security screens.
The patented Crimsafe screw clamp design in both Standard Crimsafe and Crimsafe Ultimate.
Recently, the company had the University of New South Wales’ School of Aerospace and Civil and Mechanical Engineering at the Australian Defence Force Academy design a rigorous scientific test to determine exactly how much force Crimsafe screens can resist before breaking. They also tested alternative stainless steel security screens bought directly from 9 different competitors.
Performance comparisons between crimsafe and competitors.
The difference in performance between a Crimsafe screen and other security mesh products on the market is significant, and results show that Crimsafe deliver up to 12 times the level of impact resistance required by the Australian standard.
5 Reasons you need Crimsafe today
1. Crimsafe is tough Crimsafe has proven itself to be the toughest security screen product on the market. As the recent tests revealed, Crimsafe security screens are stronger than the Australian minimum standard when it comes to impact resistance. This makes Crimsafe security doors and windows tough, durable and safe, while giving you peace of mind in your own home.
2. Crimsafe does not imprison you Crimsafe keeps intruders out without making you feel like you’re locked away. Due to the Tensile-Tuff mesh design, Crimsafe screens still allow full visibility when looking out of your windows or doors. This means that you get the benefit of maximum light and air flow. Additionally, if you combine Crimsafe security screens with Safe-S-Cape keyless window exits, you can be sure that you and your family can make a quick and easy escape in any emergency.
3. Crimsafe is rust proof: The Crimsafe ‘saltwater Series’ is a standard feature with all Crimsafe products. The special protective Santoprene rubber insulator on all Crimsafe products prevents metals from touching and a unique Teflon gel is injected around all screws.
4. Crimsafe is stylish: Some security doors and screens on the market today are definitely not built with aesthetics in mind, however Crimsafe is both highly effective and attractive. Crimsafe security doors and windows come in a variety of standard colours. While also having the option of custom powder-coating in a range of additional colours.
5. Crimsafe adds value to your home: Installing Crimsafe security doors and windows throughout your house is a long-term investment that will pay off should you decide to sell. For some house buyers, the presence of Crimsafe Security over imitation Crimsafe can be the ‘make or break’ decision point when it comes to making an offer.
Crimsafe also have a range of Safe-S-Cape window exits including hinged window exits.
You can find out more information on the range of Crimsafe Security Screen products under our Security section on our website or by speaking with one of our specialist staff.