Product Development Manager
An exciting opportunity for a motivated Product Development Manager has arisen at Franklyn Blinds Awnings and Security. This new role is to assist in the development of new window covering products and improve existing products within the business.
- Industry Leading Manufacturer
- State of the Art facility – Rochedale
- New exciting role
In this role you will:
- Conduct research for the improvement of existing products and the development of new products.
- Manage new product development through all stages, from concept to product launch.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously ensuring all specifications are correct.
- Access commercial viability of new and improved products.
- Establish manufacturing labour costs, bill of materials costs and viable selling price.
- Co-ordinate product testing with all stake holders within the business (Sales, manufacturing and installation).
- Overseeing new product presentations and training.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Proven experience in the window covering industry is preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing made to order products.
- Sound working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- A focus on quality improvement with a passion for custom manufacturing.
- Proactive approach to the development and management of value added products.
- Relationship building with customers, both internal and external (Team Player).
- You will need to be flexible and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
This is a “hands on” position that require a self-motivated individual with a desire to make a difference and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty.
On offer is the chance to work with a highly successful Brisbane based company who are experiencing positive growth. We offer excellent working conditions competitive package and mentoring from some of the most experienced people in our industry.
If you would like to join our team please email your CV and cover letter demonstrating your experience, suitability and skills to – attention Managing Director